hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

2007: Not an Auspicious Start

L and I were talking to other day, and we both agree that for us, new years carry all sorts of symbolism--endings, beginnings, closed chapters, etc. So of course it freaks me out when, at this start of this new year, certain relationships seem in limbo and none of my attempts to smooth things out appear to be working. I spent January 1st attempting to maturely address issues that I may have inadvertently created among loved ones in 2006 and rather than being rewarded for my efforts with forgiveness, clarity, or reassurances, I instead get food poisoning. Or a stomach virus. Or pregnancy. Or some other affliction not at all cool. Whatever it is, not very enjoyable, most definitely f'ing up my '07 mojo. And I had such high hopes for the year.

5 Comments:

Blogger MJW said...

I'm sorry to hear it. If it helps, I started off 2007 doing thoughtless damage to a long and important friendship, in addition to a nasty cold, moody fatigue, and what I'm beginning to suspect is an ear infection. Surely there's a better year forthcoming?

6:26 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Look at it this way - it can only get better! How about forcing an upswing over drinks later this week? I'm thinking Friday?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

MJW--ouch. Very sorry to hear that. I maintain the NYE is an over-rated holiday.

Scar--yes, let's do it. Call me to discuss.

10:37 PM  
Blogger 123Valerie said...

Well, poop on that. Actually, puke on that, I guess.

You've got 361 days to start over again. And don't worry, I've been operating with out any mojo since 1997 and seem to be doing alright.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Perhaps it was just the last psychic remnants of 2006, making their nasty way out of your system??

;-)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home