hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, December 15, 2006

Plugging Along, Just Another Friday Here in Melrose Place

First, thanks to Wonkette and Readexpress for the respective shout-outs yesterday. As an aspiring culture-writer, recognition from the big kids is extremely gratifying.

Second, EJ loves to compare my work environment to Melrose Place. I try to make it a rule to not blog about work in too much detail. The risks are far to great for the fleeting satisfaction that it may provide. Thus, those of you who don't actually know me in real life aren't privy to the salaciousness that surrounds me on a daily basis here in the land of the 9 to 5. So I'll just say that my day has consisted of doing not only my work, but that of the team sycophant, who cleverly came up with a project idea and managed to shift all the work to me. Thanks dude. Between that and dodging the bullets of idle water-cooler gossip, today has been quite an experience. I'm pretty sure this is why the baby Jesus invented weekends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Thanks be to the baby Jesus and congrats on the (well deserved) recognition!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

hahahahaha. The 'team sycophant'. hp, are you sure we don't work in the same office?? ;-)

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home