hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Monday, November 06, 2006

Things That Make Me Bitter

Okay, so it's just one thing...When you send out a Save the Date at LEAST a month before you're having a party because you just know that somebody else is going to schedule one for the very same night as yours and low and behold, they do anyway and now a significant portion of your guest list has competing priorities.

This makes me quite bitter.

And it's a MILESTONE birthday, people! Not to be all, me, me, me about it, but I am officially ANNOYED.

I know this stems in part from a general anxiety I have regarding birthdays in general. Every year I feel pressured to be all excited about mine, and every year I feign happiness and throw together some soiree or another. In general the anticipation and planning of the event eclipses my overall enjoyment, and I end up feeling rather meh about the whole thing. And now I'm turning 30 and...I feel myself coming down with a cold...my so-called boyfriend is essentially ignoring me and most def seems to have forgotten what this Friday is...One of my closest friends who I have most of my fun going out experiences can't be there...I am planning a party with little help.

I don't care one way or another about getting older. It's the pressure to observe it and the fear that things aren't going to be fun that's getting to me.


Okay, rant over. Thanks for indulging me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

I've never quite understood the pressure to go all out celebrating birthdays. I had a girlfriend who used to get pissed at me for not being enough into celebrating my own birthday. I'll get excited for others bdays because I know that it means a lot to them, but as for myself, I try to keep it low key.

7:49 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

You have the rest of your 30's to crawl into bed and eat candy. Before you know it, you'll be experiencing full metabolism shut down and you'll be asleep before the 10 o'clock news starts to roll. Trust me, get out now, while you still can.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home