hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, November 03, 2006

Thankful For...

The other day at yoga, we were kindly reminded that this being the month of Thanksgiving, that we should take the time to reflect on what we are thankful for. So following that spirit, I present...what I am grateful for today, in popular numbered list format.

1.) Blog-world passive aggression. Not since slam books have human beings found a medium so perfectly suited to bashing one another for all the world to read. Say what you will about the recent various "wars" percolating within the blogosphere (I am practically sitting on my fingers in order to prevent myself from addressing the matter at length), they do make for some damn fine work-time procrastination. It's like a Sweet Valley High Novel. Kudos, fellow bloggers, you slay me every time.

2.) Wine. Fermented grapes have helped me out big time this week, completely distracting me from a sundry of unpleasantness such as the next two sentences of my "novel", laundry, the debilitating pain I've experienced from working out a little too hard at the gym, and Mr. S, wherever he may be (snap, pop, fizzle, fizzle). Irish Red will back me up on this one, as she had the honor of witnessing me down, four (four? three?) glasses of Sav Blanc last night at Science Club. Note to self: Science Club packed on Thursdays. Addendum to note to self: Science Club pours a somewhat stingy glass of the vino.

3.) French press coffee. The very best antidote to wine when 8 hours is all the sleep you can afford. I smell a new marketing campaign...

4.) Free pizza at work. Crust is soggy and the toppings kind of suck, but mama always said: never look a gift pizza in the mouth.

5.) Sharing secrets. Sometimes shite goes down between people and it's simply inappropriate for others to know about it. But that doesn't mean that you can't smile and feel secretly entertained by even the slightest things that they say and do.

6.) Ann Taylor cashmere fitting again. It was a bit tight last winter but thanks to my painful new workout regimen, it's fitting a bit better. Welcome back, old friend. Of course, after the free work pizza, it may not be fitting for long.

And speaking of old friends...

7.) Awesome college friend (aka the coolest hippy girl to ever roam the planet we call Earth) visiting next week.

8.) My intuition. It's good to know when to put a slightly lame post out of its misery. On that note, I'm out for now. More later, perhaps...

3 Comments:

Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Well, Hey Pretty - I am thankful for YOU!! :)

hugs

6:53 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Hey Pretty: not lame at all...In fact, I would say that was a pretty great post...

And I am thankful for blogger friends that drop GREAT hints on who pours a stingey glass of vino. That deserves an ovation!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

aw, thanks girls. hugs to both of you.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home