hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Two Whole Sentences!

I wrote two whole sentences of my not-so-great-American-novel last night! And what fine two sentences they are. I'd share them with you but then you might steal them, and well, that would not be good. No, sir.

So as I just said, I wrote two whole sentences, and then got distracted by this bottle of wine I had in front of me, and well, let's just say that the evening's exercise in novel writing came to a close pretty soon after. But I feel that even this is encouraging. Many great writers after all, have been raging alcoholics. Hemingway and Fitzgerald were probably distracted by a bottle of wine on more than one occasion and they're like, rilly important 20th Century novelists, you know?

Therefore, between my two killer sentences, my short attention span, and my proclivity for the juice, I think I may just one day be a great novelist after all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

WOO HOO - Ed Poe did some of his greatest work while under the influence.

You're just a crack addiction away from a Pulitzer, my friend.

3:55 PM  
Blogger recovering overachiever said...

Combining this post with your last, I think you should get a full keg. That way, you could become a raging alcoholic, have enough beer for everyone, and compose the next great American novel!
Good luck on the road to being a good writer/alcoholic!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Word.

The first two sentences are the hardest...your fingers will be flying over that keyboard w/lightning speed now...

4:31 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Thanks, all. I'm feeling pretty good about this. For now, at least.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Blogger Namely said...

The whole blog feud thing is ridiculous. I was baited into engaging one female blogger once and decided never to do it again. She wants to get attention to her writing so she tries to drum up publicity by a) writing critical posts about other more successful bloggers and b)including links of a ton of bloggers in her posts in the hopes of glomming on to their traffic. That sort of drama is fun for a couple months at best. When you're so desperate for attention and traffic that you have to focus your blog posts around someone else, then maybe it's time to step away from your computer. Good for you for not giving in and engaging them. Trust me, it's a headache that you just don't need.

Cheers,

Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieblog.typepad.com

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home