hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Monday, October 02, 2006

Drama, Drama.

Sigh. Another weekend comes to a close in the life of Hey Pretty. I'll spare you all the gritty details, but let's just say that I feel as if I might have aged 5 years in the span of two days. Drama with Sailor, who seems to lack a certain amount of self-awareness when it comes to a.) his interactions with other women when we are out in public; b.) the fact that when in a relationship, it's generally nice to be capable of forming emotional bonds. I think things have been resolved. I hope so. The making up process sure kicked ass, I can say that much. I had forgotten what hard work relationships can be. They do certainly serve the purpose of reminding you of your shortcomings, that is for certain. My resolution for the rest of '06? Work on the whole "jealousy" issue and be more accepting of the fact that not all relationships are built for "forever." More on this later, I am sure.

In other developments, the universe seems to be reintroducing me to various boys from my past. Can it be that in the past week, two complicated off-and-ons have actually become close confidants? Have stranger things happened?

As an added bonus to my current state of apathy towards the world, my iPod is frozen. On an Ashlee Simpson song. How embarassing. My indie rock street cred? Out the window.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lickety Split said...

I posted about a playlist I made and my advice to you (while laughing at Ashlee Simpson reference) is to embrace the diversity in your music collection. My blogged playlist from last week is certain to reduce certain people's opinion of me but hey, life gets in the way. I used to have a very bigoted redneck roommate in college whom I caught listening to a boy band....and his only words to me (he had just broken up with a girl and he had tears streaming down his face) were "Just because they's f*****ts, don't mean they can't sing dammit!" That was worse than catching him in any other physical act.

Rejoice you are Queen of your own iPod!

Jealousy is not the greatest nor is it glamorous but there IS a point to it that your man needs to realize.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home