hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

All's Quiet on the Eastern Front

Somewhat quiet out there in blog-land today, isn't it? I think I have drafted at least two entries that I have ultimately discarded upon realizing that they were an utter drag to write, let alone read.

As we do every day, L and I hunkered down earlier for our ritual rapid-fire email exchange wherein I send her a link to something I want to buy and she either nixes it or gives me the thumbs up. In complaining that I hadn't received many emails today, especially emails from S, I reasoned to her that:

"It's hard to legitimately complain that your bf is neglecting you when he's off defending your freedoms and your right to read gawker all day."

Which is what I like to remind myself of in order to avoid becoming one of those irritatingly high maintenance types who demands constant communication from her S.O.

4 Comments:

Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Good for you - keep that needy thing in check :)

You never told me how the HH was!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Right, the HH. It was fine. I didn't stay very long on account of an invite from EJ to migrate elsewhere. I chatted with a couple new people and some people I already know. Unfortunately, I realized there that I had lost my check card, so I minor meltdown occurred thereby limiting my ability to be social or to have that many drinks. I would do it again.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

oh crap--that is a terrible feeling, to lose your check card. did you find it?

i know what you mean about wanting constant communication from the BF. it's like, the less needy you endeavor to be, the more needy you feel! (at least for me, that is how it works.) I try to keep myself occupied with activities that don't necessarily have to involve the SO...sometimes it works. HAHA. sometimes it just blows up in my face.

reading Gawker all day ins't one I have tried--good suggestion. I will put it into my bag of tricks for when i DO have a BF to not be to needy towards. ;-)

12:00 PM  
Blogger Lickety Split said...

Yes, been quiet as a blogger lately. Lots of real life happening. Sigh.

Good to read you though,hioe you found the card.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home