hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, September 15, 2006

Chivalry Rewards System

Women moan that chivalry is dead. I beg to differ. Sometimes it's just a little hard to find. But I am working on a way to change that.

Ladies, what I propose is a chivalry rewards system, wherein every time your man does something like open the car door for you, walk on the right side of the street so that you don't get crushed by an out of control car, place his coat over a puddle for you to walk over, etc, you reward him with something like a kiss.

The name of the game here is "positive reinforcement." I'm testing it out on Sailor and it's going swimmingly. If all of you launch similar efforts, word may spread, and guys who don't take the time to do such things may see all the awesome treatment they're missing out on, and they may join in as well.

I see a potential revolution here, ladies. It'll be like the AMEX tagline. Chivalry has its rewards.

Now hop to it!

6 Comments:

Blogger Blogger Namely said...

It's the little things like pulling out your chair for you or helping you on with your coat that make me swoon. Gusy who were raised right do this without looking for a Scooby Snack. But you can definitely condition a guy to equate politeness and chivalry with affection. Just don't reward him with a threeway.

Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieiblog.typepad.com

8:25 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

It's like taking them to obediance school - they sit, they get a treat :)

So who's smarter...the men or the dogs?

What did you decide about the happy hour?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I'm reading Freakonomics now. It's all about the incentives. I'll join the chivalry rewards system. :)

I'm glad that things are going swimmingly with Sailor.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Beakerz said...

shouldn't the guy's "chivalry" not need a reward?

that's what makes it chivarlris (or however you spell it)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Chris--Scooby snacks. Funny, I like.

Red--I went. It was fun. I wished I had talked to more people though. But ugh, it's just so hard sometimes. Next time.

K--You can be a charter member

N--I see what you're saying and I appreciate your persepective. I guess it would be helpful if these chivalrous things happened not so men could be rewarded, but simply because they want to.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home