hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Pros and Cons of Sleep Deprivation

Sailor stayed over last night and needed to leave at 6:00 to get to work on time (the ghastly hour of 7:30). After I let him out I debated going back to bed, but I knew that the hour and a half of sleep I'd get wouldn't be worth the difficulty in having to get out of bed for a second time that day. Getting up is bad enough. Why subject yourself to having to do it twice? Instead, I decided to go into work early. And that I did, arriving at 7:50 am. At 8:30 A and G noticed that I was already working and stopped by my cube to ask me if anything was wrong. I just pretended to be really into my job.

It's almost 3:00 now. I am so sleepy I can barely string thoughts together. Yet despite my mildly hallucinatory state, I have come up with several interesting innovations relating to projects and affairs at work today. Ironic isn't it, that despite my almost complete lack of verbal skills, I come up with the best ideas I've had in months? Apparently, being totally off whack is quite conducive to creativity.

Addendum: After sending Sailor an email complaining that his role in my Thursday night/Friday morning had resulted in my loss of beauty sleep he sent an oh-so delightful response informing me that not only did he manage to score the afternoon off, but that he "is currently naked and about to take a several hour long nap." I hate him. Okay, not really. But still.

3 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Odd.

Most of the time the best ideas I have are when I'm in bed.

Then again, 99 times out of 100 that idea is "stay in bed" which is an awesome idea at the time.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

That's just unfair. Naked and napping. He should suffer, too.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

I HATE when guys do that! He Should definitely suffer too! I feel for ya, doll. Hope you got in some good naked sleep with the sailor this evening!

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home