hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Monday, September 11, 2006

Boys Say the Darndest Things

I was having a conversation with Sailor the other day about the importance of maintaining friendships while dating--how my friends are my family and I need to spend time with them, regardless of whether or not there's a guy in my life.

Hey Pretty: I find that I've become pretty good at balancing dating with the rest of my social life.

Sailor: That's because you have a very accommodating boyfriend.

Hey Pretty: Boyfriend? I wasn't aware that I have a boyfriend.

Sailor: A boy. Friend. You know, a friend who's a boy.

Hey Pretty: Nice save.

7 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Christ on a bike.

It would've been easier to have 'the conversation'

3:20 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Or I could make things difficult for everyone involved. Because, that is how I roll. And why I am probably usually single.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

hahahaha. Well, you certainly did hit the nail on the head with the title of your post. =-)

4:21 PM  
Blogger MJW said...

So which of you is in denial? Or is it both?

4:52 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Or...neither one of us is ready for a "relationship" and the "labels" that come attached to it...

5:24 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Awwww pretty's in a relationship with a republican! Ain't it cute!? hehee

5:34 PM  
Blogger MJW said...

I stand corrected.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home