hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, January 06, 2006

I have to go away next week for work and I don't wanna. I wanna: continue my usual during the week routine of getting to basically do whatever I want at work; quizzo at the pour house; flirting with my IT boyfriends when I need something computer related; running in cleveland park; yoga classes; drinking too much during the week but having a blast doing it; writing moody, petulant blog entries; flirting with my roommate; contemplating my new year's resolution to lead a more balanced life and to be more compassionate and less jaded and to find my life's passion (yeah, '06 promises to be an eventful year--lots to figure out before i turn 30); swapping dozens of emails w/ the Ls during work; photographing the city in black and white.

i do not wanna: lug a laptop all the way to orlando; run a media event; be hit on by lecherous professional builders all week; wake up really early on monday to fly to orlando to set up a frigging trade show booth all day; stand in a trade show booth all week being chipper and reciting the same five talking points over and over again all day while a HUD official criticizes my delivery; be on my best behavior.

but such is life.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll be fabulous. Plus, perhaps you can escape your duties for a short period of time and bask in the warm sunshine of Orlando. Trips like these just scream "crazy nightlife in a new city."

- DS

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say hi to the OCCC for me...that's the Orange County Convention Center for all you non-convention lovers out there. I gave two weeks of my life to that building in 2005...and pray I don't have to go back for at least another six months...

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well lets see, there's good outlet shopping about 15 minutes from the convention center. and you can eat in the bubble at epcot. be sure to visit hard rock hotel because they have vespas. and the venetian, because in addition to vespas it is also gorgeous. i had my photo taken with Curious George (not King George the not-so-Curious) in Orlando in March. Try to make something good of it. And remember, they give you an expense account for a reason. Fuckin use it!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was the trip?

Do tell! I'd do almost anything for some warm sunshine and an expense account right about now.

- DS

5:45 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Not an expense account, a 49-dollar a day "per diem" used mostly to buy 9 dollar sandwiches at the OCCC for lunch. That basically exemplifies the entire trip.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$9 can get you a tasty sandwich at High Noon.

So no luxury dining, spa sessions, hob-nobing with socialites, or relaxing on the beach in fashionable swimsuits?

- DS

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home