hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, December 02, 2005

Friday

-Said by John Hagner last night at the Pour House to a Republican claiming to be both pro-choice and pro-gay marriage: "You can't be pro-choice and pro-gay marriage and be a Republican. That's like being a Nazi and liking Jews."

-Does hooking up with men legitimize their crummy behavior?

-Would being a tease be better?

-I can't decide if the shirt I am wearing is really interesting and hip or just incredibly ugly and weird. Edited, because perhaps you are wondering what said shirt looks like. Well then. It is black silk with small polka dots and is dolman shaped (if you don't know what that is, Google it. I have no time for your sartorial ignorance) with bell sleeves. It also crosses over in the front to form a rather low V-neck. On the plus side, it emphasizes my small waist, makes my breasts look ample but not obscenely so, and hides my arm flab. I am wearing it with nice black pants from Ann Taylor and black boots. I have a tight short-sleeved black sweater in my bag that I am prepared to change into. Shirt was purchased at Nana on U Street, where I was pressured into buying it from sales girl who now loves me because I once dropped over 300 at once there. Would beloved sales girl dare lead me astray? I stress because today is our office Holiday party and I'm sure all the other girls will be wearing fitted little jackets over camisoles with some form of pant. Far be it from me to just conform to the unspoken girl dress code. No, I must make it overly complicated. I also just realized that there is a significant chance that I look like a male figure skater in it.

-Taking a shower when you get home from the bar doesn't do much to prevent a hangover but you do feel much nicer when you initially wake up.

-Lastly, I really hate the phrase "I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit." 1. It is gross 2. It is not funny.

-Lastly agin, I recently realized that the majority of my female friends are well-endowed in the chest area. Isn't that interesting?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to rationalize the Republican argument, voting a certain way even though you hate certain aspects of the party... but as to those two issues, it doesn't work...damn, I wish I had said that.

I'm sure the shirt looks fabulous. But yes, the sales girl would totally lead you astray... No morals exist once you cross the line into "shopping for upscale womens clothing."

- DS

6:34 PM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

I left Nana with something called a "reconstituted turtleneck" that cost $85. That salesgirl is POWERFUL.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late night drunk shower... always a fabulous idea. It makes the morning a much happier story.

- DS

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home