hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Birthday Meme, etc

This blog has been all sorts of lame recently. Apologies for that. There are events I'd like to share, but I'm testing out this new thing where I don't blog about the intimate details of my personal life. It's all sorts of nerve-wracking. It's sort of an "out of respect for somebody else's privacy thing". You may have also noted that I deleted a bunch of posts. Again, a respect thing. Woe unto yee who gets involved with a blogger, that much is certain.

So, on that note. Recovery Overachevier tagged me to participate in the birthday meme. What I did: Pulled up Wikipedia and searched for my birthday. Found three notable historic events that occured on that day (besides my birth, obvi), two notable births (again, besides me), one death, and one holiday. The results are below.

Now, I am supposed to tag five other bloggers to participate. Instead, I open it up to all. However wants to join in, by all means, do.


Events

-René Descartes has the dreams that inspire his Meditations on First Philosophy

-Playing against Army at Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame football coach Knute Rockne gives what is considered the greatest locker room speeches of all time by saying "Win one for the Gipper." The Fighting Irish would win the game 12-6.*

-National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children's television program Sesame Street.


2 Birthdays/One Death

Martin Luther, German Protestant reformer
Richard Burton, Welsh actor **
Jack Palance, American actor

Holiday/Observance

US Marine Corps Birthday

*Given my ambivalence for all things sports, this is ironic to say the least.
**To report that I share my birthday with a brooding, overly dramatic lush is all too perfect. Too bad I lack Sir Burton's acting chops.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

I cannot think of Richard Burton without thinking of the movie Becket because I've seen the (painfully long) trailer a half dozen times in the past month or so. I hope I don't start thinking of Becket when I see you. That would be bizarre.

"Starring Hey, Pretty... as Becket. And Peter O'Toole... as her king."

5:40 PM  
Blogger M@ said...

Marines do it with their boots on. Hoo-ahh!

Oh, wrong one. All those f*ckers have their own call outs.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

Boo to privacy! This is the information age - just dont do anything you dont want people talking about in the morning :) hehe

8:52 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Why Kristin, Beckett is the role I was BORN to play! Not really. But that would be a good blog post, dontcha think?

Matty, I wouldn't know. I've only ever done it with a Navy guy (out of all the armed forces, obvs. I'm a slut, but not as far as the troops are concerned).

Scarlett--I have totally lost my edge. Sorry for being so mopey over email earlier. Some Liz Phair on my ipod on the trip home cured that. And some Shiraz. Anyhoo. I'm sure this will blow up soon enough and I'll be back to my old tell-all ways.

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool. You sure have some excellent posts on your blog. Not too many people I know share their birthday with such interesting individuals.
Have a great day.
Drop into my blog on birthday ecards for some beautiful e-greeting cards and other fun stuffs.

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home