hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, February 09, 2007

Let it Not Be Said That I Have a Strict Type

Since I began blogging about my personal life, I have told you dear readers about many poor men who have had the (mis)fortune of having to date me. Let's see, we've had the indie rock artist/ex-Starbucks barista; 180-guy; Republican bartender (how still sometimes reads HP--hi!); Sailor (conservative southern Naval officer for you newbies); Tater Tot (personality yet to be defined, subject of ridiculously pre-teen crush); co-worker (not discussed in much detail for obvious reasons); and probably a few others who I can't remember.

Well, I am now in an email flirtation with a slightly older, ex-punk banjo player with tattoos all over his arms.

If that doesn't fit the mold of not having a mold, I don't know what does.

I would also like to call out an annoying male tendency--why is it that the day I only half-heartedly shaved my legs and have a messy room is of course the day a cute one wants to "hang out"? It's never on the days when I am appropriately groomed and have a presentable location for a "nightcap." To quote Mean Girls, it's like a sick sense.

11 Comments:

Blogger Average Jane said...

Having molds is bad. Having standards is different.

Ya know for a while, I would purposefully not shave my legs in order to have a reason not to hook up with someone. I fast realized that "No, I can't. I haven't shaved my legs," isn't as big of a sex deterrent for men as I had hoped.

Lisa
awapy.blogspot.com

5:24 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

I love inspiring blog posts :)

Nice to know you're open minded =P

5:53 PM  
Blogger MJW said...

Well, you certainly aren't diversity-challenged. :-)

We males thought it was you females who never got the timing thing down. How come the one day we can hang out is the one day you and your home aren't presentable?

God, sometimes life really is a "Cathy" strip.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Mike, you did not just compare my life to a Cathy strip. That's just plain MEAN.

6:42 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

Tattooed ex punk banjo player, huh? I'm going to have that Deliverance theme in my head all day now. Bet that sounds pretty wild all punked up.

And hey -- could be worse. I've got a whole lotta Dilbert going on over here.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Ex? Who gets out of the punk banjo biz?

10:23 PM  
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I think it's great that you and equal opportunity dater.

So, did the ex-punk banjo tattoo guy come over? Is that who we were talking about? Did u run in the bathroom and shave real quick??

12:52 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

are you email flirting with Tommy Ramone?

Let me give you a few words of guy-advice. When we say we want to "hang out," we don't care if your legs are as prickly as a saguaro cactus or there's no way to walk across your room without stepping on your clothes. We won't notice that stuff at all. So if that's what you want, just go for it, and I promise you it'll be OK.

2:09 AM  
Blogger avocadoinparadise said...

Indeed, Jason, once a punk-banjoist always a punk-banjoist! That's an all or nothing lifestyle...

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They like to see us sweat, my dear.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah why is it that they pick the ungroomed times to call... grr ehehe
nice blog btw

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home