hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

It's All In Your Head

Today my head feels as if it were stuffed with cotton. My hearing is muted and my temples ache.

Last night, I took some allergy medicine and fell asleep at 8:30. Then I woke up at 3:00 am and was awake for the next 3 hours.

I suppose it's just as well that I can't find the symptoms of avian flue on this website, or else I'd be convinced that I had it. After getting all scientific and googling my symptoms*, it appears that I have a "head cold." This is a far cheerier prognosis from the other times I have done so only to be told by the internet that I have feline leukemia.

I do however, intend to go totally Flat Stanley on this ailment of mine.

Water? Check.
Vitamin C? Check.
Spicy food for lunch? Check.
Nicotine lozenges to replace the cigs with? Check.

I am also wearing a hat and scarf inside. Between my fly accessories and my cashmere sweater set, I am all warm and toasty.

Look out germs, I'm coming for you.

*Shut up, you've done it too.

9 Comments:

Blogger Miss Scarlet said...

Haha, I thought I had the Plague once.

4:16 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Ok, this is totally bizarre but I woke up this morning with this weird dull ringing sensation in my head. I've never had it before. I'm not feeling sick at all, it just feels like there's an odd pressure on my head and ears. Must have been some sort of atmospheric change last night.

*Oh, and I've convinced myself at various points that I have diabetes, thanks to the internet.

5:22 PM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

*Sure have. Once, I googled myself into thinking I had SARS.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I was pretty certain for about 2 years that I had chronic fatigue syndrome. Turns out I'm just lazy.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I've got a friend who works avian flu for Customs and Border Protection. I don't want to know the symptoms, either. I would definitely convince myself I had it, you had it, everyone had it. Such is life.

The accessories do sound pretty fly. Hope you feel better!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Wait. Are you saying the Internet wasn't invented for this purpose??

;-)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Starboard Tack said...

I am pretty sure the Internet was invented for Sex and Dating, not for "googling" symptoms...

7:29 PM  
Blogger Frankly, Scarlett said...

BOOOO to germs!! It's the lack of whiskey shots! If you had been taking them the germs wouldn't be able to SURVIVE your blood stream :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger SomeGuyInDC said...

I often get similar symptoms at the beginning of winter because most apartment buildings (including my current one) has an old heating system which dries out the air and wrecks havoc with my sinuses. If you have similar heating, buying a humidifier and drinking lots of non-caffeinated liquids may solve your problems.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home