hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Life is Just Better When...

1.) You have a huge pile of books to read and you're torn between which one demands your immediate attention.

2.) You have a creative project in the works. To date, I have knit ALL of the scarf I am making for my mom for Christmas. It is longer than I am tall, and made of kinky-fuzzy-soft wool. I intend to use ribbons for the fringe. After that, I am going to hand-bind a photo album and fill it with photos I took on my trip to Vermont this August.

3.) Your editor barely touches a piece you submit her because it's next to perfect as is.

4.) You have an insanely funny mom who emails you things like this:

I ate my lunch at Chilies. Don't go there. Anyway, I've been reading this book C. lent me: "The Place in Between." It's about a trek across Afghanistan. In winter. Much snow. Land mines. The foolish beings who take on this very long walk are a nice young Scottish historian (Rory) and a very large, not tame but wonderful dog (Babur). Second to last page, the dog died. I cried. In damn Chilies.


I assured her that crying at Chilis is probably more common than she thinks (I mean, it's Chilis for crying out loud); and in fact, it inspired a new idea. Next time I want to break up with somebody, I am doing it at a Chilis. That way, I will not associate a place that I like or care about with an unpleasant memory. In fact, I bet a lot of people get dumped at Chilis. Perhaps their marketing team should explore this idea for future promotional campaigns.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Perhaps a date at Chili's is sign enough that your relationship is on the wrong track. You probably wouldn't even need to break up.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

HAHa! I agree w/Jason's comment. That is a funny visual. HP, you should pitch your idea to Chili's...;-)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Well duh. I'm only taking them to Chilis in order to break up with them. Please. If you knew me in real life you'd understand what an enourmous food snob I am and how the very idea of me stepping into a Chilis is shocking to say the least.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I've always thought Waffle House would be a good break up restaurant. I figure the staff there is used to crazy people, arguing, crying, and whatnot.

4:45 AM  
Blogger The View from Dupont said...

Ok, I gotta say? I kinda want to read that book.

And I agree fully with #1.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home