hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Picture on Internet=Not Cool

I have a long sorted history with the practice of being photographed. I have always hated it. Never a photogenic type, my friends and family members are in possession of millions of images of me with half closed eyes and stiff, uncomfortable body language. Recently, I've tried to be a better sport about it, but the results continue to prove disasterous. I know that part of this is due to my natural inclination towards being way too self critical. It also stems from a myriad of other reasons too personal to blog about that continute to affect my self esteem.

I've never understood how other people who I am as or more attractive than in real life can look so stunning in photos, whereas I look like a 300 pound woman wearing a trash bag.

But regardless, I hate it.

9 Comments:

Blogger recovering overachiever said...

I think you either love or hate being photographed.
I HATE being photographed as well! At least I'm in good company if you feel the same way!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Brunch Bird said...

Ah, this sounds like the writing of someone fresh from a blogger Happy Hour. Nothing sorts out the photogenics from the nons like those things. Every time I come back from one I'm like, "Oh heavens, I apparently didn't get the memo on looking cute in photos." And ps-you look totes adorable in your pic that I saw in one of the wrap ups!

7:02 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

[raising my hand]

Totally didn't do it.

I know no amount of "you look just fine" well help, but I offer it anyway.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Red said...

I have always hated being photographed due to awful and embarassing photos and me with multiple chins.
I actually practiced a few times on how to avoid the chins the rest is outta my control.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I much prefer being behind the camera. I shudder before the shutter and tend to look like crap... I empathize.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Lickety Split said...

I am one of God's LEAST photogenic creatures...and I feel ashamed of that since I dont consider myself unattractive. If I was hideous, I could deal. Nonetheless, I avoid photos of myself like the plague.

I hear ya.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Blogger Namely said...

I avoided posting pictures on my blog for the longest time because I do not photograph well. I had a photo shoot several months ago, posted a variety of the finishe dphots and got some of th enastiest, hate filled comments (mostly from some blogger in Chicago who encouraged her friends to post on my blog.)

I wish I had the balls to do Half Naked Thursdays.

Sex & Moxie
http://www.moxieblog.typepad.com

4:35 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I also have never looked good in a picture. I don't really get it, I might have a bad smile, I hope not though.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Awkward said...

Just remember- we always think we look worse than we actually do- and borrow tips from the pros- tilt your head, shoulders back...

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home