hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Welcome to Tuesday, in Which I Rejoin Polite Society

If yesterday could be summed up in two words they would be word and vomit. As in word vomit. It seems that all day, whenever I opened my mouth to express an opinion, out would tumble a jumble of semi-sensical paroxysms that would then fall limply on the floor while everyone around me looked at me like I was charming yet a little nuts and I played the whole comment off as my bitchenly wicked sense of humor. It might have been funny had it happened just once, but after the dozenth time or so, I was ready for a muzzle. Seeing as I am normally one to turn every thought over in my head a million times before I say it (I may actually be the only person on earth who overanalyzes things before they actually happen), the whole experience was a bit alarming. But I think I am better. No more Ally McBealisms for this one.

And actually, a truly good thing happened last night. So earlier I mentioned being on the brink of mending things with a certain boy, one who I can't really define but who has meant a lot to me in the past, who will hopefully continue to mean a lot in the future. He really needs a nickname by the way, but that's a challenge for another day. Anyway. Things were beyond, beyond f-ed up. Broken. It was bad news. However, we sat down last night, beers in hand, and caught up on everything that has happened to one another in the past two months and now I can honestly say that things are fixed. Well, not 100% fixed, as I think things will simply always be a bit off, but at least back to a feeling of semi-normalcy. I'm okay, he's okay. Friendship reinstated. Ambiguous flirtation still there but since I'm putting less stock in its ultimate "meaning", I'm more comfortable with it and can playfully roll with his punches. In short, I'm no longer convincing myself that the way he locks gaze with mine means anything beyond that of two people who have swapped spit a couple times and have moved on to more appropriate dalliances.

Later, we watched Grey's, a tradition of ours, and an ironic one at that because I can easily draw a parallel between our relationship and the McDreamy/Mer thing. In fact, we even once had a discussion about Grey's that ultimately morphed into a heated debate where I stated that McDreamy should stop giving Mer swoony looks and acting if as if he wants to be with her if he can't follow through on it, and he countered that maybe I should cut McDreamy some slack because he's confused and doesn't know how to create the ideal circumstance for a relationship to bloom. That's when I changed the subject. By the way, I am so routing for McVet this season, although methinks his days are numbered. And Alex? I know they've written him as an ass, but I predict this to be the season where he'll gain more depth as a character. I'm guessing that be the end of the season, he'll be the anti-hero we can't all help but adore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Methinks they're already laying the groundwork for Alex, the man we love to hate/hate to love, what with the whole "let me save this baby" routine and "let's take care of Izzy" and "I'm gonna save a woman's life by having sex with her in a bar bathroom." Okay. Maybe not so much the last one. But I'm glad to hear that things are better with the nameless friend.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

It is always a relief when things turn a corner and get better. Good for you...

As for McDreamy/McVet and McMer--there is a very funny post about that triangle over at Sex & Moxie...

12:08 AM  
Blogger Lickety Split said...

Can I just say that the ability to discuss TV shows and movies is something I miss with my wife. GOOD FOR YOU! The ability to debate that stuff is so much fun. I'm not a big TV watcher,...maybe I need to be.

I don't watch Grey's because I don't find any medical shows realistic on TV (I spend my work day doing it so I don't really want to watch it on TV) although I believe "Scrubs" is funny.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home