hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

More Stupid Boy Tricks

I don't have a whole lot to say today. Things are simply the way that they are and I am dealing with them as such.

I would however, like to point you to the latest addictive read over at Jezebel.com: I am sorry if you feel bad, either about yourself or towards me. Billed as a "public service campaign" it runs actual breakup emails penned by actual real twatwaffely guys. The current installment is especially precious and any one of you who has ever been unfortunately enmired with an emo boy (or emosogynist) will laugh in sad solidarity. Even better is that Zach Braff is the Jezebel-appointed poster boy for said endeavor, and you *know* how I feel about Zach Braff.

Read it and weep.

Also, boys? When you attend a house party and spend your night chatting up a cute random girl, do not get so inebriated off of jello shots that you have to take yourself home without obtaining her contact info. Poor form, Colin.

9 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

There are fewer more sad phrases than "breakup email."

I figuratively weep for humanity.

3:57 PM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

I read that post yesterday and I swear, my first reaction was "HP will LOVE this."

4:04 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

As a past recipient of a "breakup email" I will say one thing... nothing makes you get over a guy faster than recognizing his cowardice.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

haha. that website is hilarious...I love that letter. And maybe this makes me a serious nerd..but an emo?? Where in the hell have I been??

5:14 PM  
Blogger MJW said...

I promise you, no one is kicking Colin's ass for getting so drunk that he left without getting the digits, than Colin is.

6:50 PM  
Blogger jess said...

HOLY.. that is a funny link. I think I like emails like this, if not for Shannon's wise angle about cowardice, if just for, long after, the comedic value of so much squishiness penned for posterity. :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger M@ said...

Been there.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Lorelai236 said...

Haha! I saw him attack those jello shots. He must have a gelatin deficiency.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I think after a certain age (like say, 23), hoovering Jell-O shooters is a poor sign for long-term potential. So do your "I dodged a bullet" happy dance.

And I LOVE that breakup email. It's amazing when someone can use so many words to say nothing at all. Like, dude, you aren't some sort of Victorian antihero living a romantic but haphazard existence. You're just some dude with a girlfriend you're not all that loopy for. It's ok, happens to the best of us. Be a man and make a clean break.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home