hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Hey Pretty Mid-Year Index

'Hard to believe 2007 is almost half-way over. I had high hopes for 2007, a year I'd spend most of being 30, a most interesting age. So far, 2007 has been all about transitions. It would be overly dramatic to say that EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED, but quite a lot has--some for better, some rather painfully and harshly. But dems de breaks, as my co-counselor at summer camp way back when was fond of saying. With that said, I present to you the Hey Pretty Mid-Year Index (in deference to Harpers. My apologies, Harpers).

# of new bosses gained @ work: 2
# of new businesses plans I have been responsible for launching @ work: 1
# of raises or bonuses: 0
# of new friends made: a dozen+
# of new friends made who turned out to be bat-shit crazy: 1
# of friends who have moved away: 1
# of old friends reconnected with: 3
# of new roommates: 2
# books read: 8 (but I feel like I might be forgetting one or two)
# of different novels I have started to write, only to abandon: 3
# of music mixes made: 3
# of rolls of film processed: 3 (slacker)
# of new black shirts purchased: 3
# of new pairs of jeans: 1
# of boys kissed: 9 (is it bad that I've kissed more boys than I have read books?)
% of those who I happen to work with: 22
# of set-ups: 1
# of internet 1st dates: 6
# of harmless new crushes that haven't resulted in any kind of emotional trauma: 1
# of sessions at the gym: 45 (approximately)
# of yoga classes attended: 2
# of pounds lost: 5 (but muscle weighs more than fat, so suck it)
# of bottles of wine consumed: too many to count
# of whisky shots: no comment

And so it goes for 2007, months 1-5. Bring on 6-12, bitches. I'm ready.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Haha. Sounds like a good year so far! Except for the no raise thing, I feel you on that one.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home