hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Random Tuesday Musings

-If that psychic lady I encountered on the street last night when I was walking home from the gym was any good at her job, she would have been able to use her powers to glean that I didn't want a reading from her.

-We have lolcats and lolpresidents. The next evolution of the theme can only be lolboyfriends (can i haz space pleeeze?!? i'm in ur mind, messing wit ur thots!)

-It's amazing how different I feel when I have to dress up for work (client meeting). Today I'm wearing a black Theory shift dress, good jewelry, and kitten heals. Even my posture is better. I should buy more nice work clothing.

-Special Topics in Calamity Physics is a good book. It was also a good book when it was called The Secret History.

-I'd be much more content at work if my colleagues actually listened to me and didn't respond to my questions with answers to questions that I didn't ask--questions that have incredibly obvious answers, such as the ones that they provide me with. It makes me grumpy. And then I get negative reviews for having an "attitude problem."

-Every time I read on the internet about how straight people pick one another up at the gym, my reasons for belonging to the big gay gym are reaffirmed. Listen folks, some of us just want to throw on our oldest pair of yoga pants, stick our hair up in a knot, and sweat out our sorrows for an hour. We do not want to be bothered with looking cute and sexy, nor do we feel like engaging in your misguided flirtations. Can I haz space pleeze?!

more later.

6 Comments:

Blogger MJW said...

The line about the psychic was really funny. I'm going to have to steal it.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Ryane said...

I think I know that psychic. The one outside of the Woodley Park Metro? haha. she's a hoot. (and she knows I was going to say that, right?)

5:29 PM  
Blogger mysterygirl! said...

"can i haz space pleeeze?!? i'm in ur mind, messing wit ur thots!"
= hilarious.

5:47 PM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

"Iz not u. Iz me."

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We have lolcats and lolpresidents. The next evolution of the theme can only be lolboyfriends (can i haz space pleeeze?!? i'm in ur mind, messing wit ur thots!)"

That made me seriously lmao! But you forgot LOLBots.com for some of us geeks out there. ;)

BTW, you coming out to the HH tomorrow night?

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about dressing it. It seems annoying to go through the trouble, but once I get dressed up I feel pretty good about myself and it usually brightens my day. Funny how that happens. :)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home