hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Thursday, March 22, 2007

It's All In the Mix

Mission accomplished! I completed my mix. There's this moment in the movie Pollack when somebody asks the artist how he knows when a piece of art is complete and he replies totally dead pan: How do you know when you've finished making love?

The same sentiment applies to making a good mix. This isn't to say I experienced quite the same decisive moment of completion, but there comes a moment when you know it's best not to mess with a good thing.

I have a problem with knowing how to order musical arrangements. In this case, I let iTunes do it for me. Alphebetical by artist. It works in its own odd little way.

Without further ado:

Oh, Uncooperative Heart: A Mix By Hey Pretty

Criminal-Fiona Apple
This Isn't It-Big Drag
Listen Up!-The Gossip
Boys On the Radio-Hole
You Are What You Love-Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins
Have You Ever Seen the Rain-Joan Jett
Good Man-Josh Ritter
Galaxies-Laura Veirs
Shame For You-Lily Allen
Strange Loop-Liz Phair
Can't Let Go-Lucinda Williams
Do It Again-Nada Surf
If You Knew-Neko Case
Falling Down-The Redwalls
Fidelity-Regina Spektor
Hot Night Crash-Sahara Hot Nights
Another Nail In My Heart-Squeeze
Sleep With You-Clare Quilty

This collection of songs is a little indicative of where I'm at these days regarding some stuff that's been kicking around in my brain. A few additional tunes were thrown in just cuz they spoke to me.

If by any weird, random chance, anyone wants a copy, toss an email my way and we'll work out a delivery mechanism. People who have my personal email, use it. Those who don't, talk to me at: hey_prettyblog@yahoo.com.

End note: Sorry for any spelling errors in this post. My Mac doesn't like the spell-check function on blogger. Yes, I know there's no excuse for a former English major/professional writer to have such atroshus spelling skills. We can't all be good at everything, can we?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss mixing! I miss the lengthy wrestling with tapes and CDs and dubbing and having to figure everything out before you start and staying up until 2 am to finish because you want to give it to someone at school the next day. Ahhhh nostalgia. Sounds like a good mix of songs, although maybe not the greatest sentiment.

1:47 PM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Love it. I wish I'd had this mix last fall.

6:56 PM  
Blogger M@ said...

I hope Pollack was smoking a cigarette when he said that. And I hope he had a pissy look on his face.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home