hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, January 19, 2007

Ungh Anchor Links!

Allow me to take a moment to vent about my company's shoddy excuse for a website content management system (CMS). It sucks. The details are not important, but let's just say that the CMS and I are fighting and as a result, I am ignoring it. Normally, I am a fan of technology. Innovation fascinates me (in fact, I write about it for a living). I love the idea that new inventions have the potential to transform and revolutionize society--often for human benefit. Moreover, if it were not for the internet, I have NO idea how I would do my job, or even be able to bear sitting at my desk for 8 hours a day. But the CMS I am not a fan of. The CMS is transforming me into a cantankerous chain smoker. The CMS is further encouraging my already pathological procrastination habit. It has also caused me to clutch my mouse in a most unergonomic way, which has now led to a severe cramp in my pinky. My body and mind are falling apart and the CMS is to blame.

Get me a whisky drip, stat and bring on the weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Texpundit said...

Just rebuild the site in Drupal. That's what I did with my org's website. :)

BTW: Where were you last night? You're fired, too. :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Lickety Split said...

Happens to me too. Grrr.

9:55 PM  
Blogger TWIBlogger said...

I think our data warehousing vendor told our CIO that pain cleanses the soul. We use Delphi because it's cheaper than hiring a platoon of monks to scourge us for our sins.

10:20 PM  
Blogger minijonb said...

Just ditch your current CMS system and use Blogger instead!!! That'll solve all your problems =;-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Belle said...

Bah! I was having CMS anchor tag problems most of the morning. I hate my company's system. But, *sigh*, using it pays my freakin' bills.

I feel your pain.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home