hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

To Greener Pastures, Perhaps?

Lest you all start to think I'm nothing but a hopeless, boy-crazed head case, let me share with you the present I got in the mail today: A shiny new, pretty pamphlet from the University of Maryland School of Architecture. No, I do not want to be an architect. Too many numbers, ugh. But...I may just want to be a historic preservationist, community/urban planner and do you sweet children know what the UMD School of Architecture offers Masters specialties in? Uh, huh. You guess correctly.

Until recently, the idea of a Masters Degree sounded like a far-off possibility. Something I would pursue "later" when I felt more "together."

Well, these days I'm feeling pretty together. And even more so, pretty much over the whole working in a cubicle trying to find things to take initiative on while I wait for my boss to return edits to me on things a week late thing.

I already missed the deadline for Fall '07, but there's no reason why I can't start networking and reading up on the program and getting myself to apply for '08. So...no promises that this will amount to anything. I realize afterall, that just several months ago I was talking seriously about journalism school, but it is something I am thinking about more seriously than ever.

Any UMD School of Architecture students or alums out there? I'd love to hear what your thoughts on the program are.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Kate, go! If you go back to school, does this mean we can go frat parties again without looking creepy and kind of desperate?

3:02 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

"You know I always wanted to pretend to be an architect!"

12:50 PM  
Blogger Starboard Tack said...

I am into Architects these days ... the're smart and cute.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Urban planning would be cool. And you know, as far as architecture, as a kid I entertained the fantasy of becoming an architect, but I gradually talked myself out of it as I grew older because I hate math. And since then architects have told me on a few occasions, "math? We let the engineers do that!" So follow your dreams!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Zandria said...

That sounds really neat. I actually considered doing something like that myself, but then decided against it. It sounds like a cool career choice. :)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home