hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, October 06, 2006

And Good Riddance

This week has sucked like whoa. Thankfully however, it is now over. I am just about off to go knock back another large-ass coffee in order to be in top form for tonight's show at the 9:30 Club. If you happen to go and see a girl so unbelievably relieved to not have to go into work tomorrow, that will be me. Stop by and say hi, perhaps even buy her a drink.

And in case any of you have had the same five days of existential malaise that I have, I bring you this joke, courtesy of Popbitch (it was a huge hit when I told it at lunch today).

Bono is at a U2 concert in Glasgow when he asks
the audience for some quiet. Then in the silence,
he starts to slowly clap his hands.
He says into the microphone...
"Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice from near the front pierces the silence...
"Well, stop fucking clapping then."


And, I'm out. Love to all...

4 Comments:

Blogger The Senator said...

This week has sucked. Amen.

I just walked into my condo in SoBe...sans 3 TVs, watches, etc. Robbed.

Ugh.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Ryane said...

Well, I am sorry for your sucky week..but that quote was hil-arious. Trust a Scot to come up w/a retort like that. hahaha!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Poor Senator, that sucks.

Ryane--Yeah, that joke cheered me up about a hundred times last Friday.

8:17 PM  
Blogger minijonb said...

ahhh... you gotta love that Scottish sense of humor =;-)

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home