hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, July 14, 2006

Growing Old Rocks!

So for a while now I've been hearing that turning 30 is great because you start to not give a shit anymore and for the longest time I couldn't figure out what people meant by this. Not give a shit about what? How can I get in on that? Does this mentality magically set in the minute the clock chimes 30, or does it develop in a more gradual, organic matter? But then today I was reading some blog, I don't which, and it doesn't matter, that mentioned rating women as 1s, 2s, 3s, etc. etc. For a second it depressed me to remember that there are guys out there that reduce the attractiveness of the women the encounter to such an arbitrary set of standards. And then a thought about it again and asked myself if I really care what some 24 year old dork in a white baseball cap and an Abercrombie polo shirt thinks of the way I look and that answer was no. Tah Dah! I didn't give a shit! And what a refreshing feeling that was. I can only hope to look forward to more moments like this one in the months to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

It's true. Once I turned 30? Yeah. Didn't care any more. It seemed kind of sudden but I don't remember when it happened. I have my moments, but I'm much more confident now. Congrats on not getting rattled by 24-year-old polo shirt blogger.

8:57 PM  
Blogger MJW said...

Good on ya, Hey Pretty!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home