hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

More Fun Than a Poke in the Eye

Really, what isn't?

I have little to report right now, I just really wanted to post an entry with that title.

Discovery of the week: Nars Glitter Pencil in Le Sept.

I think the lady at the Aveda salon in Georgetown dyed my hair a shade a little too close to black. Mumsies assures me it will fade. Otherwise, I will be rocking the Goth look for quite some time.

Pen in the company ink: people talk about how this is a bad idea, and until now I have always understood that to mean that things could get uncomfortable if you have to work closely with the other person. But what it really means is that things get uncomfortable because OTHER people find out and they can't handle it and they act weird even though it has absolutely nothing to do with them and if their lives were slightly more interesting they'd have things to think about other than your love life.

More later.

Ps: Happy Administrative Professionals Day. Back at my first job I would get really pissed whenever I was recognized on this day because it implied to me that being so and so's public affairs assistant was a long-term career choice with no upward mobility. Luckily, that proved to not be the case and now I never do admin work and I'm not anyone's assistant. And today there are bagels in the kitchen so it's not all bad.

5 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Regarding pen/company ink: This is where I'm glad that I'm rather young for an employee at I-66, Inc.

That said, it has given me an appreciation for the early 30's woman.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goth? Good times...
I'm sure you'll pull it off perfectly well... Just work on your apathetic glance and disgruntled snarl.

- DS

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll just have you know that i am not the only one...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/26/AR2006042600567.html?sub=AR

4:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh my gosh.. DID IT HURT THE CURLS!?!?!

I can't live without seein you in curls.. although, you was hawt with straight hair the last time I saw ja wid out them! =)

9:03 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

the curls have been marvelously preserved. the trim that i received avec le dye job has made them even more glorious than before, although I will probably be rocking straight hair for the mid-season. of course, i am hawt no matter what.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home