hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Monday, April 10, 2006

Hangover Food

Fresh from the weekend, I thought I'd touch on a subject familiar to many of us: hangover food. Opinions about this vary widely. Some say its better to not eat when recovering from a bender, while other swear by the therapeutic effects of a nice greasy meal. I for one, have never been able to understand the grease approach. Sure, a burger rare with provolone seems perfect in theory, but the actual realization of that idea is never so successful. Two bites, and I usually abandon it for a second bloody mary, also usually not such a great plan. The more I experience the unseemly aspects of alcohol consumption the more I am realizing that when it comes to hangover food, I crave flavors that are clean and crisp--usually the polar opposite of the dried out, shriveled, fuzzy mess that i am. Earlier today macaroni and cheese sounded like just the thing to spring my body back to life after a night of post-kickball revelry. I was wrong. Too much mushy, salty goo for my already stressed out system to enjoy. But the California rolls that I thought to pick up delivered the goods. Could sushi be the perfect hangover food? It sounds weird, but between the cleanness of the rice and the nice smooth avocado, my stomach was temporarily at peace. I will of course, continue to investigate this. In the meantime, here is my list of hangover food yesses and nos.

Yes: Sushi, mashed potatoes, ice cream, gatorade.

No: Red meat, lettuce, anything fried, more alcohol, anything from 7-11.

Speaking of kickball, it looks like I'm attracting more DC Star readers. Hey guys!

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Photography said...

in all honesty, smoking a bowl and sitting outside in the nice warm sunshine is probably the best cure ever, but that's often not an option.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey pretty - amen.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home