hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Case of the Mysterious Bag With The Knitting Project In It

Because it's Friday and I am too overwhelmed by the task at hand at work to give it my proper attention, I think I will instead regale you dear readers with a most interesting mystery that is vexing my roommates and I. A couple of days ago, a brightly colored paper bag containing a pair of knitting needles and a ball of dark red yarn appeared on the steps of our front walk. Figuring it belonged to somebody who might have left it there on accident, I hung it from the railing on the walk for them to find when they retraced their steps. But they haven't, because the bag still hangs there (or it was hanging there, I think M might have taken it inside).

How do you suppose the bag found its way to us?

A thinks that it's a chain-knitting project and that we're supposed to knit several rows before passing it on to another house. M thinks he might use it to learn how to knit. I have no clue. While I am charmed by the idea of a chain knitting project, it seems too whimsical a notion for a DC-based brain to have conjured. There are several small children who walk by our house from time-to-time, my guess is that one of them dropped it.

What do you think? Did one of you lose a bag of knitting?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Actually... My brother borrowed my car a couple of years ago and drove to my dad's house over Christmas. It was snowing something fierce, so they drove my Jeep most of the weekend. My stepmom left a bag of knitting in my car, which was eventually stolen. I'm not sure where it ended up...

9:40 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

To clarify: The bag o' yarn and needles was stolen, not my Jeep.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home