hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, May 11, 2007

Successful First Date Checklist

Arrived on time, a few minutes before me even, which is significant considering my compulsive punctuality-CHECK
Acted happy to see me when I arrived-CHECK
Helped me with my chair when I sat down-CHECK
Asked me questions about myself, therefore indicating an interest in getting to know me-CHECK
Offered counter information about himself, thereby indicating his status as a semi-open person-CHECK
Had interesting information to offer-CHECK
Cool job-CHECK
Attractive-CHECK (although blond and average height, two things I don't normally go for, but in this case am overlooking)
Smart-CHECK
Chemistry in air, but not so much that it might could my judgement and cause me to do something stupid-CHECK
Gave off friendly, cool, down to earth vibe-CHECK
Possesses slight, yet not self-destructive rebellious streak-TBD, although he does own a motorcycle.
Understanding of my complete fear of motorcycles-CHECK
Didn't feel compelled to get plastered in order to stand spending time with me-CHECK
Seemed at least somewhat into me-CHECK
Walked me part-way home even though his car was parked in the opposite direction-CHECK
Inspired me to announce the success of my encounter to my roommate (hi!) and his friends-CHECK


Yes children, that is what a sucessful first date looks like, in case you had forgotten. It's okay, I had too.

Shout-out to E2 for suggesting the Checklist format for this posting.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger recovering overachiever said...

Yay! It always makes you feel more optimistic about dating as a whole when you're coming off a good first date.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Lickety Split said...

YES!

Good for you. Glad to know there's two other people out there who insist on punctuality.

GOOD LUCK!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Belle said...

Glad to hear you had a good one! It means there's hope for the rest of us. :-)

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home