hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Pulse on Putting Out

Last night, with the aid of a glass of Maker's on the rocks, I penned a lengthy post on the topic of putting out on a first date--my history with it and my advice to others. This morning, with the aid of sobriety I realized that I simply don't want the details of my sexual history floating around on the internet. Luckily, it was still in draft form and I never posted it.

However, a nice PR person forwarded me a link regarding the topic and asked me to post it here, and because I am a fellow communications professional, I feel obliged to comply. It is part of a video series from Love@aol.com featuring man-on-the-street interviews regarding a variety of topics relating to sex and dating. Find it here.

I will say this regarding the subject--feel free to do it, just don't expect a relationship to flourish from it. It might, but in all likelihood it won't.

In the comments section feel free to voice your opinion on the matter, or why this is a lame topic for a blog posting because it has already been discussed on Sex in the City*. Either way is fine, I really don't care. Now excuse me, I have some Manolo Blahniks to buy and an indifferent WASPY man to trick into marrying me.

*This sort of irks me. It's not the fault of female bloggers that Sex in the City has turned our experiences into cliches. The show was on for a million seasons and explored a million romance-related topics. Obviously, there's going to be some overlap. If people don't like reading about dating, then don't read posts about dating. It seems pretty cut and dry to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Shouldn't we discuss this over brunch?

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

(Again, sarcasm obscured by Internet)

11:12 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

The post you were penning sounds like a keeper for the old fashioned kind of journal, the one you kept under your bed.

In my case, having my parents make remarks to me once or twice on things they had read in my blog was enough for me to steer far, far away from lascivious content forever...

11:38 PM  
Blogger Pagan Marbury said...

Change the post. Rewrite it in the third person and attribute your experiences to friends, other bloggers, commenters, whoever. It sounds like it would be a good read.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

why do they call it putting out? Shouldn't it be called taking in?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

FN: I do like VK as a person, but I agree with you--that post provoked.


As for spilling the dirt--I think I'll reserve that for my yet to be penned novel.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home