hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

5 Inches

Is approximately the length of hair that I had lopped off on Friday afternoon. And just in time for the oppressively hot heat. I can't decide if its better or worse than it was before, simply quite different. It's curling amazingly well and someday when it's less humid I will reintroduce it to the flat iron. I could do without the shorter layers, but c'est la vie. They'll grow out in no time.

Lopping off a substantial quantity of hair can be a liberating experience. There's something to be said for shedding all that old history and bad karma. You feel lighter, both physically and emotionally. And reducing your shampoo consumption by half isn't bad for the wallet either.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaving my head used to be the best "karmic slate cleaning" experience - although not exactly the best for the business world. But a good haircut can make you feel like a million bucks, and take a whole bunch of weight off your shoulders.

I'm sure it looks fabulous!

- DS

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know i already told you, butyour hair looks adorable...simply fabulous darling!

1:13 AM  
Blogger MJW said...

I haven't seen it. Beats me. I thought you were going to blog about my aunt's dog.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Thanks, guys.

And yes! Thank you. I forgot all about Buttons. Seriously, who wouldn't want to blog about poor Buttons...?

2:22 PM  
Blogger C$ said...

getting one's hair cut is always amazing, at least for me!

talk about liberating-i cut of between 11-12 inches the day before graduation from high school. most of my classmates didn't even recongize me...and I graduated with only 105 or so students, so it's not they didn't all *know* me...

congrats on the hair, live it up while it's still "new"

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home