hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Cell Phone Purge

Over the weekend my cell phone was destroyed. No, it didn't shortwire because I received so many incoming calls at once. Rather, some drunkard spilled a pitcher of cheap beer into my purse, soaking its contents and ruining basically everything that was in there. This included my cell phone. I had been wanting to upgrade to a Pink Motorola Razr for sometime, so in a way I was sort of happy about the phone. Granted, a rather liked the small size and general functionality of my little Samsung flip phone, but the time has clearly come to move on to a more sophisticated piece of telecommunications equipment. It has come to move on in other ways as well. Like many of you, my phone represented a collection of relics from my dating past-- a veritable museum (or graveyard if you will) of ex-hookups, fleeting crushes, situations that proved BAD FOR ME in the form of old text messages I didn't have the heart to erase and phone numbers I couldn't bear to delete. Well, those are gone now, and later today I have plans to march down to the local friendly cell phone store and buy a new device--one that I intend to fill only with the numbers of those who contact me for productive purposes. My cell phone will no longer be the contemporary stand-in for a little black book. Out of site, out of cell phone, out of mind.

12 Comments:

Blogger MJW said...

Good for you. It's the 21st century equivalent of a bonfire.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with my man. While frustrating at first, this is a true sign from above that you needed to purge out the bad karma that phone was holding.

Oh...and I will send you an email with all of our pertinent numbers so you can add Mike and me to your new phone! :-)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

Even better is a general Spring cleansig ritual of general bad energy, habits, influences, etc. Cleaning my room and going to bed early seems like a good first step. And buying lots of healthy foods.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll Hold ya hand pretty if you need the support when you swipe that Credit Card =)

I just sent you an SMS =) so I'll be your first one!

=( beer in a bag, sucks! I speak from experience. Even though who ever poured into my bag did it on purpose, luckily (for them) nothing was ruined. I know exactly how ya feel =(

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Pink Motorola Razr - trendy.

So do we need to file an application to be included on the new/revised cell-phone list?

And did you sufficiently yell at the guy for being such a tool?

- DS

6:58 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

i didn't see the tool, according to my sources, he dumped the beer, freaked out and left.

ds-just shoot me an email with your cellie number. in fact, if you're my friend and you read this, please do the same.

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am glad i have started a trend...it's not every day this happens to me. :-)

9:16 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

having just reached an all new level of brilliance i created an outgoing message from a landline explaining my lack of phone (temporarily) and advising people to call me at work or email me.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this and the whole iPod thing have convinced me that hey pretty is the smartest girl I know. :-)

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoyed deleting old numbers... Better than cleaning house on a friendster list.

- DS

6:46 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

yes, the iPod thing. after a day of parnoia that it too was ruined, i brilliantly decided to recharge it. now all seems to be fine. what an ordeal that would have been.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You almost broke an IPod too? Are we gonna have to confiscate your technology until you start to lead a more responsible life, young lady? (I can hear the voices of parents ringing in my ears...)

I wish I had an IPod...

- DS

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home