hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, August 18, 2006

Good Libations

I need a new drink. My relationship with my boyfriend Jack is becoming strained. As I grow older, I need a drink that's a little softer and more forgiving. However, I don't like sweet flavors and I get sick of beer after just one. So, it's poll time. What dear readers, should be my new drink of choice?

The criteria is as follows:

1.) Not sweet
2.) Served in dives and upscale joints (ie not wine, which you DO NOT want to touch in most dives)
3.) Not too strong
4.) Won't cause me to get hammered if I drink more than 2.

Discuss.

12 Comments:

Blogger MJW said...

Magic potion. It has something in common with the alcoholic drink that fits your criteria: IT DOESN'T EXIST.

2:57 PM  
Blogger recovering overachiever said...

What about a gin and tonic? That's usually my drink of choice.
My back-up is cranberry and vodka, but I think that's disqualified for it's sweetness.

3:23 PM  
Blogger E :) said...

Vodka tonic. For sure. I can't stand tonic water, but all my friends who hate sweet drinks swear by the stuff.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vodka Tonic. It's a classic, and has the added benefit of being low calorie.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Big Sky Girl said...

Bourbon Sour.

4:56 PM  
Blogger EJ Takes Life said...

Vodka gimlet. I love those bad boys.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Vodka tonic. Grey Goose at the nice places - rail vodka at the dives.

8:51 PM  
Blogger laura b. said...

Amaretto sour. Like lemonade with a little kick and won't get you loaded quickly at all.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

yep. Vodka tonics it is! Thanks guys.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vodka tonics have been my poison of choice for years. when i'm in a certain mood, i like raspberry vodka and sprite. but that might be too sweet for your tastes and not so appropriate for the dives.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tequila.... And more tequila.

- DS

2:21 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

raspberry vodka and sprite is indeed tasty. but i suck it down far too fast. raspberry vodka and club soda is a nice alternative.

DS--did you miss the requirement that i need to be able to drink more than 2 without getting plastered? tequila doesn't really fit that bill, my dear.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home