hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Monday, July 03, 2006

Mercury in Retrograde

According to the astrological experts at Style.com, Mercury is currently in retrograde. I don't really know what that means, but they claim its the reason why things are going "according to script", which may be why work is so stunningly illogical today and why my new boy toys are paying me little head. Glad that mystery has been solved. It's always nice to have something to blame when life doesn't go the way you want it to. So for those of you who have found yourselves saying WTF? every few minutes, there's your explanation.

Yesterday, key members of the Sunday crew went to see the Devil Wears Prada. I read the book and was entertained but didn't really like it that much. I found the main character to be wearisome in her constant whining and I found little evidence to support her claims that she really was better than her snotty co-workers. But since I adore Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway, I wanted to see the movie. And how glad I am that I did! It obviously won't be winning many important awards, but it was the perfect movie to escape to on a hot summer day. Streep's portrayal of Hathaway's impossible boss was spot on and all day I have found myself wishing that I too could flounce around the office throwing coats on people's desks and dismiss people with a bored "That is all." I know I would never be this way in real life, but think how fun it would be to just get to be a total bitch for a day. Fashion types have criticized the Devil for its inaccurate portrayal of the wardrobes of those who work at glossy fashion pubs and I get what they're saying, but I found myself wishing that I too could wear Chanel to work and that my hair would cooperate with me enough to agree to be stick-straight enough for bangs, and that I too could pull off scads of black eyeliner without it running down my face. But alas, I am fated to a life of Banana Republic, curls, and raccoon eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home