hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Friday, August 26, 2005

Nothing to say

It's odd. I really want to post something but I have nothing particularly pressing to communicate. I'm not hungover, I didn't have Gatorade at breakfast, I'm not pissed at any boys. I do however, think I have that problem where the ligaments in your heal are inflamed--plantar fasciatis? I won't try to spell it. I'm listening to Arcade Fire once again on iTunes and really warming up to them.


Okay, here's something. Similar to what I was saying yesterday about liking sad songs when I'm happy, I also like to listen to unrequited love songs when I am either happy in love or not really caring about the subject either way (the later rather than the former at present). Probably because unrequited love songs completely romanticize and beautify a feeling that is anything but. When my heart is broken and bleeding the last thing I ever want is to have my feelings glossed over. Thus, in states of heartbreak I tend to like music that sounds as raw as I feel. But today, because I have not been recently dumped and I am not in anything resembling a committed relationship (happily), songs of pining, heart-draining, soul shredding love are the order of the day. The best so far is Mazzy's Star's Fade Into You, which has to be one of the most exquisite musical declarations of love from afar to come out of the '90s. It was the anthem of many a wispy, introverted teenaged girl, and even to me at age 28, it speaks as eloquently today as it did then.

Audience participation time: What are your favorite unrequited love songs?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cure's "Just Like Heaven"

In the 10th grade, I actually wrote the following lyrics in this boy's yearbook:

Why are you so far away? she said
Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you, that I'm in love with you

I was a HUGE dork. And that love was definitely unrequited.

2:27 PM  
Blogger MJW said...

"Cherish" by the Association. It was the theme song for a desperate crush during middle school, and by extension the outlet for a big part of my pre-teen angst. Fifteen years later it's still so pining and sad: "Oh I'm beginning to think, that man has never found, the words that would make you want me..."

Runner-up: "I Want You to Want Me." Not a romantic one really, just an outpouring of frustration that you can relate to as much as you can to sadness.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

plantar fasciitis often happens in the mid foot. you may have spurs.

i have songs to sgguest. i just don't have time.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

Does "Every Breath You Take" count or does the stalker aspect deromanticize it all?

Musical theatre dork answer: "Not a Day Goes By" from MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: Plantar Fasciitis...not really, the pain can be felt in the heel...like where the arch meets the heel

PF causes heel spurs, you would definitly feel the pain in your heel from the PF before you were getting the heel spurs

does the pain go away after you walk around a bit? if so, its PF..also, try stretching your achilles tendon and calf muscles...when those shorten, it can also cos the plantar fascia to shorten as well

that is all

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home