hey pretty

Ceci n'est pas une "dating blog."

Thursday, August 25, 2005

itune not tuning

I can't seem to get my iTunes to behave. It will play, but I can't hear anything through my headphones.

In other news...

When I'm at my happiest I have a tendency to romanticize melancholia. I like to listen to incredibly lush, beautiful sad music, maybe because it reaffirms the fact that everything is okay. Of course, my own bouts of sadness never match the lyricism of the songs that listen to when I am happy. Mostly in those cases, I gravitate towards brattiness, impatience and self-pity. But today because it's nice out, I like my job and my coworkers and the weekend is approaching, I have track 8 of Meadowlands by the Wrens on a constant loop. It is simple, melodic, haunting and audacious. Because I am terrible at describing music that I feel emotionally connected to, I will simply encourage all of you to log onto iTunes or Napster to find it yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger MJW said...

Is it that you can't describe the music itself, or the emotional connection thereto? Cuz I think you did pretty good on the music itself.

Meadowlands is my favorite of their CDs too.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

I think it's because when I feel the way that certain songs make me feel, I have trouble ascribing specific emotions to the feeling. Maybe because I experience several at once and they all jumble together.

If I had to do a top 10 all time favorite albums, Meadowlands would be in there (along with Spiderland by Slint, Chutes Too Narrow by the Shins and Exile in Guyville by Liz Phair).

I finally fixed the iTunes problem and have moved on to Arcade Fire, which you actually suggested to me a while back. It needs a careful listening, and since I just have it on for background while I do some internet research (for reals) I can't fully appreciate it.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you catch the acoustic concert of Liz at the Birchmire a while back? I heard about it too late (who checks the play-list for the Birchmere, anyways) and scalped tik's were about $80.

Do you have an endless capability to listen to one song over and over? I've had "Feel Good Inc." by Gorillaz on my cd player for the past week... Although lately, my music has been exclusively limited to "I want to drive fast and forget about work" music...

- D.S.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home